for the Contest titled “PURE DESIGN CONTEST by Wooden Story” (hereinafter referred to as the Contest)
This document is the basis for implementing information policy for the Contest organized by Wiesław Borowy, doing business as WOODEN STORY Wiesław Borowy with its seat in Maków Podhalański (34-220), Białka 531, entered in the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity of the Republic of Poland, NIP no. 5520000405, REGON no. 070634144. We attach great importance to the protection, collection, processing and use of your personal data in accordance with applicable laws.
1. Information on the Personal Data Controller and personal data collection
1. Within the meaning of Art. 4 (7) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the
processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation), your personal data is controlled by
Wiesław Borowy, doing business as WOODEN STORY Wiesław Borowy with its seat in Maków Podhalański (34-220), Białka 531, entered in the Central Register and Information on
Economic Activity of the Republic of Poland, NIP no. 5520000405, REGON no. 070634144, e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter referred to as the Data Controller).
2. The Data Controller processes personal data provided by you to properly run the Contest, on the terms specified in a separate document, namely the Contest Terms and Conditions. We
use the data to award and deliver the prize and publicise the idea and the course of the Contest. For these purposes, the Data Controller collects relevant personal data, including
your name and surname, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, image (provided to the Data Controller in accordance with the provisions of § 3 (5) of the Contests
Terms and Conditions) and bank account number. Providing these data is voluntary, however it is necessary to be able to take part in the contest. The data is processed pursuant to:
● Article 6 (1)(a) of the Regulation, i.e. granted consent,
● Article 6(1)(f) of the Regulation – for the purposes arising from the Data Controller’s
legitimate interests, such as organising and running the Contest, enabling participation in it, selecting the winners, awarding prizes, publicising and using the results of the Contest in accordance with its rules.
3. The Data Controller collects and processes your personal data also for marketing purposes, and does so according to Data Controller’s legally justified interest, namely for Data Controller’s own marketing, including that related to the Contest and participation of the Contests Entries in trade fairs. For this purpose, we process your name, surname and image. Providing personal data for marketing purposes is voluntary and is at the discretion of the data subject. Providing personal data for marketing purposes, including your image and consent to recording, using and publishing your image for advertising and marketing purposes is not obligatory, and their lack does not exclude the Entrant’s participation in the Contest.
4. The Data Controller also has a fanpage on Facebook and Instagram. Accordingly, data such as the name and surname or other data required by functionality of these websites may be collected and then shared with the website operator. In this case, the data is processed to make it possible for the Data Controller to use the websites and do marketing there. The above may apply to other similar social networks.
2. Rights of the data subject
1. You have the right to ask the Data Controller for confirmation as to whether the Controller is processing your personal data. You have the right to request access to such data and obtain
from the Controller information on the purposes of the processing and categories of the processed personal data, information on the recipients or categories of recipients to whom
the personal data are disclosed, the intended period of personal data storage, the source of the data in the case where they have not been collected from you, and information on
whether the Controller makes automated decisions with regard to the data subject, including, but not limited to, based on profiling. You also have the right to obtain a copy of the data.
2. Moreover, you have the right to request the Controller to correct and delete your personal data, request restriction of processing, the right to data portability and to object to
processing. You may exercise these rights:
a) with regard to the request for data correction: when your data are incorrect or incomplete;
b) with regard to the request to delete the data: when your data will no longer be necessary for the purposes for which the Controller had collected them; you withdraw your consent to processing of your data; you object to processing of your data; your data will be processed unlawfully; your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation or your data were collected in connection with the offering of information society services;
c) with regard to the request to restrict data processing: where your data are incorrect – you may request that processing be restricted for a period enabling the Data Controller to verify the accuracy of the data; the processing of your data is unlawful but you do not wish it to be deleted; the Data Controller will no longer require your data, but you will need it in order to establish, assert or defend your claims; or you have objected to the processing of your data – until it is established whether Data Controller’s legitimate interests override the grounds for the objection;
d) with regard to a request for data portability: where your data are processed based on the consent given or a contract, and where the processing is carried out by automated means;
e) with regard to the right to object: when your personal data is processed based on a legitimate interest while your objection is justified by your particular situation, and when your personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing, including profiling.
3. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, i.e. to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, 2 Stawki Street, 00-193 Warsaw, if you consider
that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the Regulation.
4. Your data are not profiled, and the Data Controller does not make automated decisions
regarding the data subject.
5. The implemented security procedures mean that we may ask for proof of identity before we
exercise your rights.
3. Consent to the processing of personal data
1. If the Data Controller processes personal data that are not necessary to run the Contest or for other purposes indicated in this policy on other grounds of processing personal data, your
decision to give your consent to the processing of the data and to provide the data is always voluntary.
have provided for the purpose expressly indicated when you gave your consent.
3. You may withdraw your consent at any time, in the same way in which you gave your consent. In addition, you may withdraw your consent by sending a notice of withdrawal of consent to
the Data Controller as indicated in Article 6 of this Policy.
4. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of data processing that was carried out based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
4. Information on recipients / categories of recipients of the personal data
1. The Data Controller also makes partial use of external service providers who process personal data on Controller’s behalf, e.g. hosting providers, email service providers, payment service
providers, postal service providers. However, the transfer of the data may serve solely for the provision of their services. The Data Controller will only use the services of entities which
provide sufficient guarantees for the protection of the rights of the data subjects. These entities will process personal data pursuant to written agreements concluded with the Data
Controller. These entities follow the Data Controller’s guidelines and are subject to audits conducted by the Data Controller.
2. Your data is not transferred beyond the EEA.
5. Personal data security
1. The Data Controller will process your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation, including the use of appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard security, appropriate confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, including protection against unauthorised access, unauthorised modification, disclosure or destruction of this data.
6. Contact details
2. All requests, proposals, notifications, queries relating to the processing of personal data can be send by e-mail to email@example.com or in writing to the following address: WOODEN
STORY Wiesław Borowy with its registered office in Maków Podhalański (34-220), Białka 531